Sunday 15 January 2017

My Lip Injections Experience

Like a lot of other women around the world, I recently set out on a quest to get the perfect 'Kylie Jenner' pout. Unfortunately I was not born with full luscious lips. Nevertheless I became obsessed with the appearance of a full pout smothered in bright and beautiful lipsticks. I tried everything, I tried over lining my lips, which always resulted in me looking like a clown. I tried little devices that were suctioned onto my mouth, it just hurt with very little pay off. I even tried plumping lip glosses which in all honesty were a total waste of money.

So one night while I was scrolling instagram admiring all of the beautiful women who all seemed to have the perfect pout I decided lip fillers was the only way to go. My family were dead against it and a lot of friends and acquaintances tried to talk me out of it by telling me horror stories and swearing I would end up looking like Pete Burns. Despite all the criticism and disapproval I booked an appointment with a lovely lady named Jennifer (you can see her work here: https://www.instagram.com/jsmithaesthetics) and two weeks later I was in the chair.

Let me just tell you that I have the BIGGEST neeedle phobia EVER. I was completely unable to sleep in the nights leading up to my appointment and I seriously considered cancelling, but a quick scroll through Kylie's instagram would make me determined to go through with it. The day arrived and I was terrified, I took my Dad with me for moral support which was a huge help - he's really funny and he kept me preoccupied. The numbing cream was applied within minutes of my arrival, I can't lie sitting and waiting for the cream to take effect my heart was pounding I couldn't believe what I was going to put myself through. Was I vain? Would it go wrong? Was I selfish? Was I wasting money? Would it look good? Would my family like it? Would boys like it? All of these questions were racing through my mind as my name was called, it was too late to go back now. I just put the doubts to the back of my mind and lay on the bed.

Jennifer was AMAZING, she was so friendly and calming that I let her get on with it right away. Waiting for the first injection was the scariest, I was expecting agony and blood. "There you are that's the first one done" Jennifer said and I couldn't believe it, my whole body relaxed. It hadn't hurt one bit, in fact I didn't even feel the needle go in. I think it was 50% the numbing cream and 50% shock that kept me so numb. She continued injecting my lips - some injections I could feel and were worse than others, it wasn't painful it was just an incredibly strange sensation. If you're desperate for lip injections but the fear of pain is putting you off let me just say I would rate it a 2/10 - it was less painful than my nose piercing.

I was out and snapping selfies of my pout within 10 minutes and to my surprise my friends and family all gave their nod of approval. It still wasn't good enough though I longed for even bigger lips and so within 3 months I was back getting another 1ml top up. The second time I wasn't as nervous and again it was not a painful experience, I did however experience more bleeding this time and the swelling and pain that followed felt worse too. I have to stress though that it was never painful enough for me to need painkillers or anything like that, it was uncomfortable - but what else can you expect after having your lips injected?

It cost me £160 in total for 1ml and I have currently had 2ml injected over a 3 month period. If lip injections are something you really want to try then I say go for it, the results are not permanent and it is nowhere near as painful or traumatic as you would imagine it to be. Not that I am condoning cosmetic surgeries or trying to urge anyone to alter their appearance, I think it is a very personal choice and in my case I would rather go through with it than always wonder what if. I will definitely continue to receive lip injections but I will rely on my family and friends to tell me when enough is enough!

Here is a picture of me before my lip injections:
My lips after 1ml:

My lips after 2ml:
(Please note that they had just been injected here so there is some bruising at the injection sites, also they were still swollen which would account for the slight uneven appearance)

No comments:

Post a Comment